Could your daughter tell her GFS story?
We are looking for five GFS girls to be the face and story of our International Day of the Girl campaign for 2022.
We want to celebrate IDG by giving girls from GFS the chance to tell their story and share why GFS has been important for them. Girls who take part in the campaign will be featured on the GFS website, social media channels and newsletters.
What happens if my child wants to take part?
If you and your child take part in the main campaign, here’s how we would work together to hear your story and create the campaign.
- We will invite you and your child to a photoshoot at a location near you in September. At the shoot, we’ll take some pictures for the campaign.
- At the photoshoot, someone from the GFS staff team will interview her and ask her some questions about her experiences – we’ll share the questions in advance so it’s not scary!
- We’ll also ask you as her parent or guardian about her journey with GFS and your perspective on things (it’s up to you if you’d like to take part in the photoshoot with your child or not).
- We may also capture some of your answers on film.
- We’ll then spend some time pulling everything together, and send it to you for you to approve before the campaign goes live.
- We’ll share your story along with four others on the GFS website and social media on International Day of the Girl 2022.
- When the campaign launches, we’ll send you some printed copies of the photo from your shoot so you can remember the day.
As part of the process, we would collect your consent for us to use the images captured in the campaign for three years. You would retain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Register your interest in taking part
Just complete this short form to let us know that you’d be interested!
We are particularly looking to hear from anyone girls who have made considerable progress while at GFS or who have found that GFS is an especially good fit for them for whatever reason.
The deadline for letting us know you’d like to take part in 31 July 2022. We will aim to confirm your participation in the campaign by 19 August. We would hope for the photoshoots and interviews to take place mid-September, at a date and time agreed with you.
While we will only have capacity to have five girls to take part in the full process, we would love to hear from all GFS girls, so any girls not taking part in the main campaign will be contacted and offered an opportunity to share her experiences with us via a Zoom interview.