|Monday 8 March is International Women’s Day. IWD is an opportunity for to be a part of the wider movement for gender equality and this year we’d love you to take part in the #ChooseToChallenge theme.|
To take part with children
1. Get your child to draw around their hand
2. Talk about something that’s unfair in your child’s life – this could be about gender inequality or something else entirely
3. Write down how you’re going to challenge it within the outline and decorate
4. Take a picture with your art and post it online. You may want to tag some friends and challenge them to do the same
5. Don’t forget to tag GFS and use #ChooseToChallenge so we can see and share your amazing challenges.
To take part yourself
1. Take a picture of yourself doing the IWD #ChooseToChallenge sign
2. Or, if you’re feeling crafty, you could give our art challenge a go instead
3. Post a picture online along with how you’re going to choose to challenge gender inequality this International Women’s Day
4. Tag GFS in your post and make a £5 donation to support our work with women and girls.
5. Don’t forget to use #ChooseToChallenge
It’s an exciting time at GFS and your help in spreading the work and raising funds makes so much difference to helping us reach as many girls and young women as possible. Find out more about our groups for girls and how you can get involved further.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing your posts.