We are looking forward to welcoming you to our national gathering and AGM event on Saturday 28 March 2020 at etc venues, Birmingham.
The event this year will have different format from previous years. We have listened to feedback that a whole weekend is a big time commitment, and about the value of holding a two-day event versus spending that money directly on groups. With this in mind and to ensure that as many GFS members and volunteers as possible are able to come along, this will be a one day event, held in the centre of the country. This is a change from the original proposal to meet closer to the North East, and it may be that in future we rotate the venue around the country – please let us know what you think about this at the event.
The day will include the following events:
- 11.00 – 12.00: AGM arrivals, registration (refreshments available)
- 12.00 – 12.05: Housekeeping – Carla Grauls
- 12.05 – 12.10: Welcome and introduction – Iana Vidal
- 12.10 – 12.30: Long–serving volunteer awards for Alison Carter, Tracey Bailey and Margaret Winks, thank you to Diane Farrow – Iana Vidal
- 12.30 – 13.15: AGM Business – Iana Vidal
- 13.15 – 14.00: Lunch
- 14.00 – 14.20: Organisational update – Laura Sercombe
- 14.20 – 15.00: Speaker: Linda Duberley – Guest
- 15.00 – 15.40: Speaker: Iona Bain – Guest
- 15.40 – 15.50: GFS Group presentation: GFS Bishop Auckland – Maxine Jordan and Maxine Hymer
- 15.50 – 16.00: GFS Group presentation: GFS Hackney – Bridey Swarbrick-Schwarz and Allison Cook
- 16.00 – 16.30: Refreshments and free time for questions and chats with staff, volunteers members and trustees
Everyone is welcome to attend the Annual General Meeting from 12.30-13.15, but please remember that volunteers who are not also members can only attend this part event as observers. Contributing to the discussion and voting is for GFS members only. If you’re not currently a member but would like to engage with this part of the event, you can sign up for membership now.
Any volunteer that wishes to attend can claim reimbursement of their travel expenses, regardless of membership.
In the New Year, we will start holding more regular volunteer training in each region to give you more options to access the kind of training that was previously offered at the annual event.
This is an exciting time for GFS and your chance to join in and celebrate the great work we do to support girls and young women. We look forward to seeing you in March.