1. Entries must be girls’ own work. You can enter as an individual or as part of a collective group.
2. Only one submission is allowed per person or group.
3. Entries should explore one of the following themes:
- I can speak up about things that matter to me
- I am proud of who I am
- I try again if I have a setback
- I can try new or unfamiliar things
- I believe I can achieve my hopes and dreams
- I can enjoy friendships with all kinds of people
4. Entries that may cause offence will not be included. This includes, but is not limited to entries that could be seen as offensive on the basis of race, gender, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.
5. In order for GFS to monitor the content of submissions, we will require any and all words included to be in English.
6. If you are including an image (photograph) of someone else in your submission, you must get their permission for us to use it. There is a link to a consent form that you can use here. Please include it when submitting your entry, or we will not be able to use your submission.
Q: How can I submit my work?
You can either post it to us at Unit 12 Angel Gate, London, EC1V 2PT
Or submissions can be made via this webform.
If you have made a piece of art that you don’t want to post, please take a high quality photograph of the artwork in the best lighting you can and submit it via the entry form in its largest format. If you’re not sure about how to do this, read this guide.
Q: Can you return my artwork?
Unfortunately, we can’t promise to return anything we are sent, so if you’d like to keep what you made, we recommend that you just send us a photograph of the item.
Q: What will you use the book for?
This book will exist to tell people what it’s like to be a girl or young woman in England and Wales in 2021. We’ll use it to help our partners understand how girls feel and why it’s important that we work with other girls and young women to help ensure that every girl feels safe, happy and proud of who they are.
We will also use some of the submissions on our social media channels, to share with our audiences what it’s like to be a girl today.
Q: How will the book be available for purchase?
If you live in the UK, the book will be available to purchase for just £4. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the book overseas.
It can be pre-ordered via our website from 11 October. We are hoping orders will be fulfilled in early November.
Q: Can I submit my work anonymously?
Yes. When you submit your work, there will be a box that you can use to let us know that you don’t want your name associated with the piece.
Q: Something about copyright/who will own my art?
By sending us your artwork, we may use it as part of our anthology. We may also use your artwork in future marketing, promotional and other publications and materials we create.